Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

9/23/11 Bike Miles

A couple friends and I have a goal of riding 100 miles over two days during Thanksgiving weekend.  We've started preparing and go on long rides every week in addition to other physical training during the week.  Today, Brenda, Alesa and I took a 23 mile round-trip ride to the Washington D.C. LDS temple.  It was wet and rainy almost the entire time, but the temperature was in the 70's, so it wasn't so bad.

Here are some thoughts:
1.  I love being outside.
2.  The temple is a beautiful destination, a nice restful place, and a spiritually uplifting site.
3.  It's fun to share fitness goals with friends.
4.  I'm grateful to have physical strength and stamina----though I have a ways to go to make it twice as far as I did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment