Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Grey Hair

My mom's hair turned grey early.  I remember when she colored her hair.  I used to give her a hard time about it.
But, I've been repentant about that for a number of years since I still do not feel old enough to have grey hair.

When "should" one go grey, given the opportunity to have some control over it?  Good question.

My grandma colored her red hair until she was about 80.  Then, she went abruptly white.

Jeff's hair is almost as grey as his dad's and his older brothers are only sporting a few gray hairs.  

Is it funny to have a husband with grey hair and a wife without grey hair?  Is it best to "grey" together?




2 comments:

  1. That is a great question. I think men with grey/white hair look distiguished, but younger women with white hair most of the time look better with colored hair. My mother-in-law went grey before she was 30 and always left it that way. She has the most beautiful head of white hair. I can't imagine her with color. She did, however, with her youngest son get comments about her grandson and she'd have to tell them he was her son. It didn't bother her so she left her hair white. I think it depends on how one feels about herself as to when she goes grey. My mom quit dying her hair when she turned 60. I think that's a good age, but we'll see when I get there. I know I'm not ready yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. My hair is quite gray already too. I used to try to color it myself, and it always looked horrible. Now I have a friend who does it. But she uses highlights and lowlights to try and make it look natural. And there's always still gray. Just less.

    Since my husband has no hair . . . I guess I don't to worry about the color discrepancy. :)

    Andra

    ReplyDelete