Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Out of Your Comfort Zone

What's good about doing things out of your comfort zone?  It makes you stretch and improve.

Recently, I spoke to about 50 members of Northern Virginia Music Teacher's Association about teaching music theory and making it fun for students.  I had had the assignment for about 8-10 months and had put much thought into the presentation.  I have a goal to not get nervous when I speak to large groups, to be able to remember what I was going to say, to say it succinctly, clearly and interestingly.  I think that only comes with practice.
I alluded to this opportunity in my blog about motivation.

It went well, I thought.  I had plenty to say for the amount of time I was given.  I enjoyed the presentation.  There was good audience participation, smiles, and some laughter.  I think everyone had fun.  I was glad to have had the opportunity.  Maybe I'll be able to do it again.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Rene! It sounds like you did well and had a wonderful time.

    I'm not too nervous about my Relief Society presentation tonight. Remember the book share presentation I told you about? I feel well prepared, I'm passionate about the subject, and I'll be teaching friends so I should be a wonderful night.

    ReplyDelete